I don’t have PayPal, or I prefer to use my credit or debit card. How can I register online?
You don’t need a PayPal account to register!
Here’s how to sign up:
- From the Brown Paper Tickets checkout page, click the orange Pay via PayPal button. It’s okay—you’ll see the option to pay with your card on the very next screen.
- Choose Pay with a Credit or Debit Card.
- Enter your billing information.
- Under your email address, Uncheck this option: “Save this information with a PayPal account. It’s easy and free to sign up. Learn more about PayPal.”
- Click Review and Continue at the bottom of the page.
- You might be asked to log into your PayPal account; if so, select Continue on the right side.
- Click the Pay button on the Review Your Information page.
2. Select the appropriate ticket type for you, then click the green “Checkout” button.
3. On the next screen, you will have a chance to review your order and enter your first name, last name, and email address. Once you’re all set, click on the yellow “PayPal Check out” button on the bottom right hand side. It’s okay if you don’t have PayPal! You can just use your credit or debit card.
4. On the next screen, you will be prompted either to log in to PayPal (top option, blue button) or to pay via debit or credit card (bottom option, gray button). If you want to pay via card, just choose that option.
5. If you’re paying by card, on the next screen you’ll be prompted to enter your billing information. Once you’re finished, click the blue “Pay Now” button at the bottom of the page, and look for your confirmation email with event details!
How will the charge show up on my card?
All of our event registrations are listed discreetly. The charge will appear on your statement as “PAYPAL *ALEXSMORGAN” followed by the automatically generated transaction number. There’s nothing on your statement to indicate the nature of the event.
Some events have gendered tickets. Why?
For some events open to all orientations, we gender balance registrations for two reasons:
- to keep the event feeling friendly and comfortable to everyone, and
- to avoid noticeable or distracting imbalances.
Which ticket type should I get?
Women’s tickets are for all women, both transgender and cisgender. Likewise, Men’s tickets are for both trans and cis men. All non-binary individuals are welcome to use the Non-Binary ticket option, regardless of birth assignation.
There is no gender policing; we trust you to be trustworthy. Over the years, that trust has consistently been borne out. Because of this, for sincere attendees, your word is enough.
If the gendered ticket type you would normally choose is sold out, please respect that and ask to be added to the waitlist.